Sunday, December 7, 2008

Who Am I?

I think to really know oneself, one must know from whence he or she came. Each person is a unique individual, but we all inherit both spiritual and physical traits from our parents, and they inherited their traits from their parents, and so on.

I've been studying my families. In particular, I've been evaluating myself and recognizing the good traits I was given by each of my parents and the bad ones. My goal from here on out is to maximize the utilization of the good traits to the betterment of myself and others and to overcome the bad traits, to break the curses of my families.

I published a book in January this year (2008) called Genetic Heavy Metal Toxicity, on which I spent over 2.5 years researching and writing. Though it focused mainly on the health damage heavy metals have caused and the genetic link, it also discussed the damage other things have caused to people. It was during the two years of researching and writing that book that I started better understanding the problems in my families, as well as those problems in my husband's families. I briefly mentioned a spiritual aspect and mentioned that physical damage can lead to spiritual damage in my book, but since it's been published, I have come to realize even more concerning the spiritual aspects of our genetics.

At the same time I started realizing this more, a sister in Christ and one of my best friends talked about how she read a book that discussed the spiritual roots of sin. This, in part, caused me to meditate on this even more deeply. My eyes have been opened to things in God's Word that I didn't see fully before concerning the sinful nature that "runs in a family," especially in the books of Kings.

I realize now that my work on genetics is not done. And my work on overcoming the sins that run in my family is not done, either. God be with me as I grow in grace and knowledge.

1 comment:

Michelle Gibson said...

Praying the Father is with you every step of the way! :)