You can find the in-depth article under the false prophets heading on my website here. For a summary, read on:
1. John R. Clark is a self-exalting brother in the Church who thinks Herbert W. Armstrong baked a cake and that he (John) has now iced the cake to finish it. He believed that in 2011 (copyright year of book) we were in the time of the seventh (the last) angel trumpeting, which would mean the tribulation was coming to an end, and that his Davidic Covenant book is the "little book" spoken of in Revelation 10.
2. He believes that the "Word" and "Christ" are the same individual who existed with Father God from the beginning but that "Jesus" was just a man and not the Word or Christ, though he later became the Christ. He believes that Jesus was the product of King David's of Israel sperm and Mary's ovum, and that is why Jesus was called the son of David. He doesn't understand what that means. Does he surely think that David, being called the son of Abraham in Matthew 1:1, is the direct product of Abraham's sperm?
3. John C. wrote, "Jesus was of the kingly genetic bloodline, that came through Nathan and Mary his mother. Jesus is not only the king, but also the high priest, therefore to fulfill the law of the priesthood , Jesus must also come from the bloodline of Aaron the Levite" (pg. 45). He also stated that Jesus could not be Melchisadec. There was no prophecy that foretold of that, however. Also both the genealogies listed (one from Mary and the other from his earthly adoptive father Joseph, though not his bloodline) go back to Judah. Jesus was the high priest called Melchisedec, who Hebrews says had no beginning, no father and mother, etc. If one reads the sixth and seventh chapters of Hebrews, you can get a real good idea that that Melchisedec was indeed our Lord. It also clearly lays out how Levi was not even born yet nor his seed even in Jacob's sack when Abraham met Melchisedec (the time recorded in scripture). For that matter, Jacob wasn't in Isaac's sack, and Isaac wasn't even conceived in Sarai/Sarah yet! Those chapters are all about how the Melchisedec order of priesthood is superior to the Levitical priesthood. It also states clearly that Jesus sprang forth from the line of Judah of which Moses spoke nothing about concerning the priesthood. Read it! Prove it for yourself. The big point is that Jesus did NOT come from the Levitical line and that he most definitely did not need to come from that line, because the Melchisedec order (organization) of priesthood is BETTER! And it was around BEFORE the Levitical one! I'm not sure why John is so confused about why Jesus was made high priest after the order of Melchisedec if he were already the priest. Uhhhhh….remember, God made a physical/fleshly/carnal covenant with Moses and the physical nation of Israel with the Levitical priesthood. When that covenant was instated, the Melchisedec order was temporarily ended and the order of the Levitical priesthood was established. When the new and better covenant was instated, we returned to the order of Melchisedec!
4. He believes that Jesus' 100% human genetics had to be pure and from the Jewish bloodline with no intermarriage, yet if David's sperm sired Jesus, then he was one-eighth Moabite, because David's grandmother Ruth was a Moabite, making David a quarter Moabite. The law of Moses forbade foreign marriage on spiritual grounds that those who worshiped other gods would turn believers from God and didn't have anything to do with physical genetics. The law of Moses forbade sibling marriages, because marrying too close is what causes problems. Even today marrying cousins or even ones of the same nation is causing too many like mutations to be passed on in double to offspring. It's also seen in other animals like dogs that purebreds have far more genetic diseases and deformities. Furthermore Moses himself had an Ethiopian (black) wife (in addition to his Midianite wife), and when Miriam gave Moses a hard time about it, God punished Miriam with leprosy. John R. Clark's teaching that all interracial marriage is wrong is unbiblical.
5. On page 61 he said, "The Word was not Jesus and Jesus was not the Word, rather the Spirit mind of God [the Word] was in Jesus, thus Jesus had the mind of God in him. Philippians 2:5-Let this mind be in your which was also in Christ Jesus…"
It might be helpful for you to read I Corinthians 2:11-16 to get a better understanding. Read it, pray, and meditate upon it to understand. Perhaps read through it a few times.
Anyone in the God Family, even those simply begotten have the Spirit of God within them and the "mind of God" or "mind of Christ" (same thing, because it's the same Spirit in any member of the God Family). Men tend to think the same way, apes think the way apes think, dogs tend to think a different way, and so on. No big mystery here. Dogs understand dog things, because they have a dog mind enabling them. Man understands man things due to possessing a man spirit, and those with God's Spirit can understand God things, because the God Spirit enables them to do so.
MEDITATE ON THIS: IF THE WORD/CHRIST WAS WITH FATHER GOD IN THE BEGINNING, AND THEN HIS MIND WENT INTO THE BODY OF THE MAN JESUS WHO HAD ANOTHER MIND OF HIS OWN, AND THEN JESUS ALSO BECAME THE CHRIST AND WAS RESURRECTED AND ASCENDED TO LIVE WITH GOD, THEN THAT MEANS BOTH THE WORD AND JESUS ARE HAVING TO SHARE A SPIRIT BODY OR ELSE THERE ARE REALLY TWO OF THEM IN SEPARATE SPIRITUAL BODIES UP THERE WITH FATHER. TWO CHRISTS, SINCE THE SCRIPTURES MAKE CLEAR THAT JESUS IS THE CHRIST, EVEN THOUGH JOHN R. CLARK ADMITS THE CHRIST/WORD EXISTED BEFORE. IF THERE WERE TWO DIFFERENT PERSON'S MINDS IN THE BODY OF JESUS, THEN JESUS EITHER COULD HAVE REJECTED THE WORD'S BEING THERE AND SINNED SO THAT THE WORD THEN LOST OUT ON GOING BACK TO SHARING FATHER'S GLORY WITH HIM, OR THE WORD COULD HAVE OVERPOWERED JESUS' WILL, THEREBY NOT GIVING JESUS A TRUE CHOICE IN OBEDIENCE OR NOT. AND NOW THEY BOTH STILL MUST SHARE A BODY IN HEAVEN ABOVE, WHICH IS REALLY NOT FAIR AND CERTAINLY NOT THE HIGHEST HONOR, SINCE EACH OF WE OTHER SONS OF GOD WILL GET A BODY THAT WE DO NOT HAVE TO SHARE WITH ANOTHER INDIVIDUAL.
Prove all things! Keep Christ as your only Church Head. Do NOT follow after a man leader who exalts himself in any way. Stay cautious!