Sunday, April 13, 2014

Passover: A Night to Be Much Observed

My fellow brother in Christ, Keith Hunt, years ago detailed why Passover night is a "night to be much observed" or "much remembered."  Many erroneously believe it is the following night—the fifteenth day of the first month—which is the first day of unleavened bread and a holy day. 

The details of the study can be found here: Night to Be Much Observed.

Tonight is the annual Passover, a night to truly be observed and remembered, for it is the death anniversary of our Lord Salvation (Jesus Christ/Yeshua Messiah).   This is truly the night that I have always "much observed," meditating on what my Lord Brother-Spouse did for me, studying the scriptures, praying...all after partaking of the unleavened bread and wine to symbolize his body and blood. 

As for the annual holy days, I have always made the big celebrations during the daylight hours:  the big feasts to be eaten mid-day and the remainder of the day to spend in study, meditation, fellowship with like believers and family.  Besides abstaining from servile work on the night of unleavened bread, I do not do anything particularly special.  I do the normal things I do on any other annual Sabbath (the weekly Sabbaths the big feast and dessert I fix to eat at the beginning of Sabbath and have leftovers for the following day, as we are not to even fix big meals during the hours of the weekly Sabbath), get clean, and go to bed.  There's nothing I spend time late that night that would fit under the "much-observed" category.

I believe it's most definitely Passover that is the night to be much observed, as it would seem pretty clear from account in Exodus and also from the account of our Lord's last Passover.  They "much observed" that night.  That's the night that, under the carnal covenant, the Israelites were FREED FROM BONDAGE TO EGYPT; and it's the night that, under the spiritual covenant, we are FREED FROM BONDAGE TO SIN. 

Please fellow brothers and sisters in the Royal Family, make this night a "night to be much observed."

No comments: