Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Books, Courses, and Documentaries of 2010 and a Look at 2011

This post lists the books, documentaries, and courses I read and watched during the course of the last Roman year, and then I'm posting my planned books-to-read and courses-to-watch for this Roman year.  This does not include the various scientific and historical studies and articles I've read, scientific magazines, things read to the children, nor any other educational reading, nor does it include my bible readings and studies.  This kind of post each year is helpful to me and is not necessarily helpful to anyone else. 

Books I Read in 2010:

Finished reading Nature Got There First: Inventions Inspired by Nature by Phil Gates

What a Difference a Daddy Makes by Dr. Kevin Leman

DMT: The Spirit Molecule by Dr. Rick Strassman

Too Busy Not to Pray by Bill Hybels

The Truth Shall Set You Free:  Herbert Armstrong's Empire Exposed by John Tuit

Women in the Church:  A Biblical Study on the Role of Women in the Church by Dr. Samuele Bacchiocchi

The Story of V: A Natural History of Female Sexuality by Catherine Blackledge

The Mediterranean Diet Cookbook by Nancy Jenkins (does not include reading all the recipes included)

Almost finished with Married for Life by Bill Morelan (reading along with Nathan)

I wrote and published the book God's Law of Love:  The Perfect Law of Liberty

Courses I Watched in 2010:

Linguistics:  The Science of Language by Professor John McWhorter

The Story of Human Language by Professor John McWhorter

The History of the English Language by Professor Seth Lerer


and part of Einstein's Relativity and the Quantum Revolution by Professor Richard Wolfson

Documentaries I Watched in 2010:

11th Hour

Love, Hate, and Propaganda

Botany of Desire
  
Collapse

I.O.U.S.A.

Constantine's Sword

***************************

Books I Plan to Read in 2011:

To finish Married for Life by Bill Morelan (reading w/ Nathan)


In Search of Dad by Charles Newbold, Jr.

DNA and the Criminal Justice System: The Technology of Justice  edited by David Lazer

Adam, Eve, and the Genome edited by Susan Thistlethwaite

Girls! by William Beausay & Kathryn Beausay

Faith Training:  Raising Kids Who Love the Lord by Dr. Joe White

And re-reading the content of what is about to become the book The Biblical Prophets for Today  by Keith Hunt

Courses I Plan to Watch in 2011:

 To finish Einstein's Relativity and the Quantum Revolution by Professor Richard Wolfson

Biology and Human Behavior: The Neurological Origins of Individuality by Professor Robert Sapolsky

Understanding the Brain by Professor Jeanette Norden

Understanding Genetics by Professor David Sadava

and The Joy of Science by Professor Robert M. Hazen


Documentaries I Plan to Watch in 2011:

I AM (will be released in theaters Feb. 18)

and whatever else I decide through the coming months

No comments: